Near Death Experience (NDE) or Spiritual Awakening
When explaining my spiritual awakening that I write about in my book, “Awakening Consciousness – Finding a Larger Version of Self,” I was asked if it was a near death experience? I said, “No it was more like a nearly totally alive experience.” But I wondered, what do a spiritual awakening and an NDE have in common?
I really didn’t know anything about NDE except that there was reported to be a tunnel of light and you were dead—that certainly didn’t happen to me. I think now I would say that some things about these experiences are very similar.
While awakening is an experience of being totally alive and connected to All That IS. It could be described as a shift in dimensions. It is and was, more vividly real to me than this life ever was or has been since. Many times, this daily reality of drama and pain seems to be more like a dream—a hologram. It feels like, “All the world is a stage…”, as Shakespeare said.
I began to listen to NDE experiences on YouTube and was hooked. The more I listened to people recount their experience of heaven, the more similarities there were to my conscious awakening. I loved listening to their stories! I also found others who are awakened by watching these videos too.
The most important information that I want to share with YOU is that you can experience what it is like in heaven without dying. Some teachers say, die before you die, referring to the laying down of the egoic personality.
I have had a very profound experience and many others are waking up to a new reality of spirit every day. Are you one of them? Have you awakened? Please respond here if you have, so others know that they are not alone.
Here are some similarities of NDE and Spiritual Awakening:
- Knowing that everything is Divine. I could see Divinity everywhere! Not exactly see—it was more like I could feel into it. It is hard to explain.
- Feeling connected to the earth and all of cosmos. There is a feeling of Oneness with the “All That IS.” Everything was so beautiful!!
- Feeling fearless. I believe it was because I knew that I was immortal and eternal. (Where before—I think I was afraid of everything.)
- The knowing that everything happens perfectly. (Where before—I felt that my life was totally messed up beyond repair.) Now I know that there is perfection in all things. And if I died in the next instant—that too would be perfect. Death is part of what we came here to experience.
- A feeling that my heart was expanding in love. I loved everyone unconditionally. I couldn’t quit laughing and crying. (I don’t think the those who experienced heaven felt like laughing or crying—but they certainly experienced the same overwhelming love.)
Another thing that I have in common with these NDE experiencers, is that we want to go back there—to that feeling place of “HOME” and stay there forever. This 3D world we live in, pales by comparison to that higher realm of heavenly experience.
One thing that helps those who experience an NDE is getting together in the IANDS groups who have also had similar experiences and talking about it. Sharing stories helps because they/we relate to life in a different way now.
Life is so different after getting in touch with your Higher Consciousness/God/Source. It is sometimes hard to relate to people who just don’t get it. There is even a song about it called, “Everything is HOLY Now” by Peter Mayer.
I encourage you to reach out to my Facebook group for The Consciousness Guide and connect with others so that we can all make sense out of our awakening together. After all—there is only One of us here.
Don’t miss any of the important insights! Subscribe to The Consciousness Guide for your free gift.
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”true” description=”true”]
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lindsay Godfree is a successful author and teacher who was struck by a supernatural experience of transformation and awakening. Her mission is to inspire others with her story and guide them on a journey of authenticity and consciousness.
Read her story here.