Near Death Experience (NDE) or Spiritual Awakening
When explaining my spiritual awakening, the basis of my book “Awakening Consciousness – Finding a Larger Version of Self,” I was asked if it was a near death experience? I was surprised and responded, “No it was more like a nearly totally alive experience.” But I wondered, what do a spiritual awakening and an NDE have in common?
I began to listen to NDE experiences on YouTube and was hooked. The more I listened to people recount their experience of heaven, the more similarities there were to my conscious awakening. I loved listening to those stories of there experience in heaven! A bonus was that I also found stories of other people who awakened like me.
Awakening is experiencing oneself as an extension of Life itself. It could be described as a shift in dimensions. It is and was, more vividly real to me than this life ever was or has been since. Many times, this daily reality of drama and pain seems to be more like a dream—a hologram. It feels like, “All the world is a stage,” as Shakespeare said.
The most important information that I want to share with YOU is that you CAN experience what it feels like in heaven without dying. One teacher says, “die before you die,” referring to the laying down of the egoic personality. Another refers to awakening as an “embodiment of heaven/earth.”
Here are some similarities of NDE and Spiritual Awakening:
- Knowing that everything is Divine. I could see Divinity everywhere! Not exactly see—it was more like I could feel into it. It is hard to explain.
- Feeling connected to the earth and all of cosmos. There is a feeling of Oneness with the “All That IS.” Everything was so beautiful!!
- Feeling fearless. I believe it was because I knew that I was immortal and eternal. (Where before—I think I was afraid of everything.)
- The knowing that everything happens perfectly. (Where before—I felt that my life was totally messed up beyond repair.) Now I know that there is perfection in all things. And if I died in the next instant—that too would be perfect. Death is part of what we came here to experience.
- A feeling that my heart was expanding in love. I loved everyone unconditionally. I couldn’t quit laughing and crying. (I don’t think the those who experienced heaven felt like laughing or crying—but they certainly experienced the same overwhelming love.)
Another thing that we have in common with the NDE experiencers, is that we want to go back there—to that feeling place of “HOME” and stay there forever. This 3D world we live in, pales by comparison to that higher realm of heavenly experience.
One thing that helps NDE experiencers is getting together with others who have also had similar experiences and being able to talk about it. Sharing our stories helps because they/we relate to life in a very different way now. It was so blissful being connected to my Higher Consciousness. It is sometimes hard to relate to people who haven’t been there and just don’t get it.
I have been graced with a very profound experience and am discovering others who are coming to a new reality of spirit every day. Are you one of them? Have you awakened?
Please respond here if you have, so others know that they are not alone.
I encourage you to reach out and join my Facebook group Consciously Awakening and connect with us.
Let’s all make sense of it together as we continue with our awakening process.