How to Find Happiness Really
Nothing can make you unhappier than forever chasing the illusive butterfly of happiness. Shocked? I was. Happiness is actually a choice. After many years of unhappiness I have five keys to real happiness to share with you.
You may think that life is about finding happiness, but our view of what we think will bring happiness changes and it does not last. Whenever you get what you think will make you happy, you want more—bigger, better, or just different. Why can’t we just be happy with what we have? Because happiness is not out there, it is an inside job.
Five keys to real happiness:
- Realize that life is a creative process, it is a journey and the real fun is making it happen—not getting there. With that in mind, it is so very important to enjoy each day of that journey. I have a plaque in my living room that says, “Life isn’t about avoiding the storms. It is about learning to dance in the rain.” Dance.
- Be present in your life, live in the now. If you are always thinking about the things that happened in the past or if you are always planning what will happen in the future you miss living your life. Life is what you are doing in each moment. Don’t miss living life consciously because your attention is somewhere else.
- Be grateful for what you have. Look for things to be grateful for all the time and you will find that you are surrounded with abundance. Make a list each day of what you are grateful for. Develop an “attitude of gratitude.” The more you look, the more you will find, and the more the things and people to be grateful for will flow to you.
- Be of service to others, make someone else happy. Follow this proverb:
If you want happiness for an hour take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day go fishing.
If you want happiness for a month get married.
If you want happiness for a year inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime help someone else.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Remember that you are an eternal being; the stress, irritation, and problems of the moment are not meaningful in the eternal perspective. You are a being of consciousness that came here to experience ALL of what it means to be human. All experience is useful information to your Higher Self, knowing that makes it easier to take the negative emotions out of it.
You are part of the All One of Oneness. At the risk of alienating those not interested in increased “spiritual consciousness” consider this idea; that the happiness we are ultimately seeking is only found in Oneness with the Divine in ourselves and others. Nothing compares with the feeling of love when connected with Life Force making it impossible to feel alone. Whether you know it or not you are already one with all that is. Truly God is Love.
For more ways to get a better connection with happiness and joy subscribe to this blog.
Recommended Post: Why Read This Blog
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lindsay Godfree is a successful author and speaker who was struck by a supernatural experience of transformation and awakening. Her mission is to inspire others with her story and guide them on a journey of authenticity and consciousness. Read her story here.