How to Choose Your Thoughts
Our thoughts come up through an automatic sorting of thousands of associations in the brain. The brain doesn’t even choose the right ones, it just chooses the most dominate. Choose your own thoughts, live life consciously!
Thoughts spring from our beliefs that were imprinted with some emotions on our consciousness, usually at an early age in our lives. At that time many of our beliefs were created we weren’t very discerning, we just wanted to get along and survive the best we could. Many of them were imprinted by authority figures in our lives without our awareness.
So many beliefs we hold are subconscious and not very accurate or even helpful anymore in our lives. It becomes a vicious circle of old thoughts and belief patterns that do not serve us anymore. They revolve around and around in our brain. For more information read: Why Not Choose Your Beliefs?
If much of the process of thought patterns is automatic and even subconscious how can you change and take control of your thoughts, beliefs and destiny? I am so glad you asked that question!
The Steps to Changing Your Thoughts:
- Take an inventory of what you think in a general way about life, love, finances, work, your body and other areas of concern in your reality.
- Identify why you might think that way
- When you find areas that you would like to change, see what kind of thoughts come up for you around that subject.
- Write down new thoughts you would rather think. Hint: If you put them in an affirmation form with the preface “I AM” they become very powerful. For more information read, Affirmations: Why They Work
- Monitor your thoughts through the day.
- When you observe one of those old outdated thoughts, flip it to the new one you now choose to have instead. Pick a thought that makes you feel better about yourself and life in general. Pick thoughts that make you smile, even laugh out loud.
- Practice every day.
Before you know it life will be transformed. You will be happier. Everything will look brighter for your future. You will then be in charge of your life, your dreams and your destiny.
How simple is that? Now you can Live Life Consciously!