Get Rid of Feeling Overwhelmed Permanently
Feeling overwhelmed is rampant in the world today. Life is moving so fast, it almost feels like time is collapsing, folding in on us. There is so much to do and many tough decisions causing stress which erodes your health over time. This problem only gets worse if you don’t take steps to relieve the building pressure and stress.
This may sound too simplistic for you at first and maybe you have heard it before, but bear with me and actually try it. Turn the troubles you have no answer for over to a Higher Power to solve them. The answers will unfold in ways you may never have thought of.
Below are some practical exercises to help you turn troubles over to the Universe. If you have never turned things over to higher powers before, NOW is the time to start. It may be difficult to do this especially if you are a control freak. It requires that you are willing to believe that a Higher Power has the ability to and knows how to help you.
1) Divide a paper in half, on one side list the things you can do right now toward your goals. On the other side list the things that the Universe, or God can do, call in the angels to help you. Then release it knowing it will be taken care of.
2) If you struggle with this try repeating affirmations like; “I trust that unseen forces are at work in my life to help me. I know the perfect answer is available to me. I AM in the right place at the right time, and life unfolds according to a divine plan.” You can create your own statements that feel good to you or reference Louise Hays work.
3) You certainly can go the traditional route and pray. It’s been scientifically proven that it works! For those who aren’t familiar with prayer, one common prayer format is:
- Address your deity
- Express gratitude for what is going right in your life
- Give thanks for the things you love
- Explain things to Heaven
- Then ask for the will of God to be done
4) Another way to turn things over to higher consciousness is to write a letter to the Universe. This is especially helpful if there are negative emotions attached to what you are writing about. Then burn the letter sending it all up in smoke. This symbolic gesture helps you to release your energy tied to worry and feelings of being inadequate.
You are free to choose your thoughts and feelings. You control whether to feel overwhelmed or not. Take the steps needed to let go of the stress. The most important thing is whatever you do choose consciously.
Note: You will get better results if you take care of the physical body and make sure that biological reasons for feelings of anxiety are addressed. Reference the Physical section in the Consciousness Guide for the “TO DO” steps.